Trenegy has a proven track record of helping companies successfully select and implement enterprise level (tier one) ERP solutions like Oracle, SAP, and IFS. Our clients have experienced on-time and on-budget implementations while quickly gaining value from their ERP investment.
However, we have found that rapidly growing midmarket companies have been challenged by a lack of robust, cost effective ERP options. Midmarket companies don’t need a system with the complexity required by a billion-dollar enterprise, but they do need an ERP that can functionally support company needs.
Some tier two ERP options provide good functionality but are not offered in a software as a service (SaaS) environment. Therefore, complicated and expensive technical architectures are required. Tier two ERPs that do provide SaaS often fail to integrate across various customer and supplier portals, resulting in significant manual intervention.
Most tier two providers have limited resources, so it’s difficult to support critical implementation timelines. Some tier one companies do provide tier two options, like Oracle NetSuite or SAP BusinessOne, but investments seem to be directed to the crown jeweled tier ones (Oracle Cloud and SAP S4Hana).
We have spent the past eight years looking for a solution for the midmarket, and we have found it in Acumatica. Acumatica has strong ratings from Gartner, IDC, Forrester, SMB Group, and Nucleus Research. Gartner reports great things about Acumatica in their “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Core Financial Management Suites for Midsize, Large and Global Enterprises.”
- “Acumatica received the highest overall customer satisfaction score in our survey of reference customers.” Gartner praised the solution’s ease of use and speed at which users were able to start using it with minimal training.
- “Acumatica remains a Visionary due to its focus on the cloud, its flexibility to support extension of the functionality delivered by its partners, and its good core financial management functionality for midsize organizations.”
- “A wide variety of APIs, coupled with the flexibility of the Cloud xRP Platform and a range of partner apps, means that the Acumatica Financial Management suite is well-aligned with Gartner’s vision of postmodern ERP.”
The other analysts have similar views on Acumatica.
After a year of evaluation, Trenegy decided to partner with Acumatica in supporting the high-growth midmarket. Acumatica meets all of our clients’ criteria for an effective ERP:
- It was born in the cloud but works everywhere. Clients can run software in the Acumatica cloud, on a server in house, on a server in a data center, or within a private cloud. Acumatica is not being converted or rewritten to run in the cloud.
- It provides robust functionality for Trenegy’s high-growth midmarket field services, distribution, and manufacturing companies. It also provides focused functionality for online retail/e-commerce and construction companies.
- It’s easy to use. The user interface is intuitive with robust, customizable online help for every feature and function. Acumatica’s online training enables customers to use the evaluation environment within minutes—not hours or days.
- It has a robust portfolio of certified bolt-ons (ISVs) supporting unique requirements for functions like tool rental, field ticketing, production planning, recipe management, and logistics.
- It offers consumption-based pricing, which allows companies to grow without incurring significant increased software cost. Acumatica does not license based the number of end users.
- It has more than 4,000 customers across a variety of industries. Trenegy has conducted reference calls with a variety of manufacturing, distribution, and services companies and all had positive feedback.
- It’s financially secure with a clear strategy for growth. Acumatica recently received a significant injection of private equity funds which will be used to support global growth. Additionally, Acumatica has a robust implementation support model that ensures clients receive quality, certified help when needed.
Trenegy is proud to be an Acumatica Partner because we can now provide a robust ERP solution to rapidly growing midmarket services, manufacturing, and distribution companies. We can also still provide neutral, fit-for-purpose support for enterprise level selections and implementations (Oracle, SAP, Infor, and IFS). Our goal remains the same—to help companies across the spectrum gain value from on-time, on-budget ERP investments.
Learn more about Acumatica here.
Distribution Management System Evaluation Checklist
You’ll find out which vendor is strongest across five categories—and then make the right choice for your business.
There are plenty of distribution management systems on the market, but only one is right for your business. You’ll discover which one when you filter through all the features and capabilities and identify what’s most important to you and your staff.
That’s why we’re offering you a complimentary copy of the Distribution Management System Evaluation Checklist. Download it now.
“Selecting an ERP distribution management and accounting system to run your business is a decision that will affect your company for many years. Many products offer the same or similar features, and it can be confusing to sort out what’s important and what’s not. This tool can help.”
With this distribution ERP checklist, you can:
- Identify the nine most important features for increasing productivity.
- Focus on the 12 key pieces of distribution functionality.
- Discover what a “true cloud” solution really delivers.
- Avoid common pitfalls of software customizations and upgrades.
- Learn six ways to get greater value for your software investment.
Don’t get overwhelmed by all the “extra” distribution ERP features available nowadays. Focus on what’s really important to your business. Download your free checklist now.
This checklist is offered by Acumatica, a leading provider of cloud business management software that gives mid-sized customers a complete, real-time view of their businesses—anytime, anywhere.
Digital Transformation Requires an Adaptable Platform
This IDC infographic will show you the bottom-line benefits of an adaptable ERP platform.
Your business is looking for ways to save money and gain a strategic advantage with cloud applications. Should cloud ERP be part of the mix? Only if you want to innovate faster than your competitors and meet your growth goals!
That’s the conclusion of “Digital Transformation Requires an Adaptable Platform,” a new infographic created by IDC and sponsored by Acumatica.
“Traditional ERP is dead. New ERP functionality often appears first as cloud applications—not on-premises—as businesses embrace a multi-cloud world of integrated capabilities.”
This infographic will show you:
- How quickly cloud adoption is growing among SMBs in the U.S.
- Three key reasons why cloud ERP is the foundation of the future.
- The actual revenue boosts and cost savings companies have achieved with cloud applications.
- The top seven drivers for cloud adoption.
- Four things you can’t do without cloud ERP.
Don’t miss this two-minute overview of why cloud ERP is the right choice for your digital transformation. Download the infographic now!
This resource is provided by Acumatica, a leading provider of cloud business management software that empowers small and mid-size businesses to unlock their potential and drive growth.
ERP and Your Digital Enterprise
This new whitepaper helps manufacturers and distributors combine ERP with emerging technology for maximum results.
Don’t settle for balancing the books. Transform your manufacturing or distribution business into a digital enterprise in which everyone works together to drive profitable growth.
The first step to transforming your business is to find an ERP system that offers a complete manufacturing order-to-cash workflow along with CRM, eCommerce, and warehouse management capabilities—that is built on the best of modern technology, This combination enables you to achieve results that far exceed your expectations. Find out how in a new whitepaper from Acumatica.
“Unfortunately, many vendors with accounting and limited inventory call themselves ERP. These financial systems will not support the planning and operations functions required for a growing company.”
In “From Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to The Digital Enterprise,” you’ll learn:
- Why flexibility and agility are now the two most important attributes for ERP technology.
- How the combination of new technology and ERP systems helps manufacturers and distributors achieve better performance.
- Why a highly industry-specific solution may not be the answer for your business.
- How to avoid getting blindsided by cost increases.
- Where to find helpful resources as you research potential ERP solutions.
This whitepaper is a quick but important read. In just minutes, you’ll gain a much better perspective on how to use ERP to your advantage. Don’t wait! To read more, click here.
This whitepaper is offered by Acumatica, a leading provider of cloud business management software that gives mid-sized companies a complete, real-time view of their businesses—anytime, anywhere.
Connecting to Your Field Office Anytime, Anywhere
No matter where you are, data entered through any device can be seen and reported throughout the organization.
Construction is a complex business made up of countless independent activities that take place on project sites and in the office. A new infographic shows real-time data synchronization through cloud-based mobile construction software allowing the entire business to respond quickly and more efficiently.
This new infographic will show you:
- How disconnected systems make it nearly impossible to find and analyze the latest project data.
- Reduce the risk of costly mistakes and missed deadlines.
- How to easily share data between the office and field.
- Benefits of running your construction business in the connected cloud.
This infographic is offered by Acumatica, a leading provider of cloud business management software that gives mid-sized companies a complete, real-time view of their businesses—anytime, anywhere.
KPIs for Manufacturing
Technology has made powerful, flexible measurement systems with KPI capability both affordable and user-driven.
Every kind of manufacturing company, in all industry segments including automotive, food and beverage, health and beauty, electronics, industrial machines, metal fabrication, plastics, etc., relies on measurements to monitor business activities and performance, document successes and challenges, and help direct management decision-making.
Of course, while we measure a number of parameters simply to comply with mandatory accounting and reporting requirements, smart management will incorporate those measurements into valuable intelligence that helps run the business more effectively and more efficiently.
“KPIs are a standard business management tool that is becoming both more powerful and at the same time easier to use thanks to packaged Business Intelligence and Executive Information Systems applications that are part of a comprehensive back office software system.”
In this white paper, you’ll learn:
- What is a key performance indicator
- Types of KPIs and those specific to manufacturing
- How to use and reap the benefits of KPIs
- Ongoing KPI maintenance including adjustments and expansions
Download the white paper now.
This white paper is offered by Acumatica, a leading provider of cloud business management software that gives contractors a complete, real-time view of their businesses—anytime, anywhere.
Manufacturing Software for Small Businesses
New white paper explains how the right software can support your agility against larger competitors.
Small and mid-sized manufacturers have an advantage against larger companies: their flexibility. If you find that your company can change processes, manufacturing techniques, product designs, and production volume more quickly than many of your rivals, don’t lose that competitive advantage.
Instead, find manufacturing business software that gives you the same advanced functionality the “big guys” are using without the cost and complexity. Find out how in a new white paper from Acumatica.
“Broad functionality and the flexibility to adapt to changing needs are the hallmarks of the best ERP for SMB manufacturers. The system should have a proven track record in your industry, of course, but should also be in productive use in other industries to demonstrate that flexibility.”
In “Manufacturing’s Competitive Needs and ERP Flexibility,” you’ll learn:
- Why simple point solutions are no longer enough for SMB manufacturers.
- How manufacturing volume can affect your ERP needs.
- How discrete vs. process manufacturing should factor into your purchase decision.
- The most essential ERP features for your long-term growth.
- Where manufacturers can find the most helpful cloud ERP resources online.
This white paper will help you strip away the noise and focus on what’s really important in manufacturing business software. Download it now.
This white paper is offered by Acumatica, a leading provider of cloud business management software that gives mid-sized companies a complete, real-time view of their businesses—anytime, anywhere.
ERP System Cost Calculator
When purchasing a new ERP system, one of the first questions everyone asks is: How much will it cost? Many factors are involved, from purchasing and installing equipment to configuring the software to ongoing maintenance. But those costs are offset by the savings (a modern ERP system provides your organization. So, the question remains: What does an ERP system truly cost?
True Cost = ROI – TCO
Most pricing models just calculate the initial hardware infrastructure, software licensing expenses, and implementation costs, but do not consider the impact of ongoing operating expenses. In our pricing model, we first look at the potential cost savings or Return on investment (ROI) the system will offer you, and then turn our attention to the Learn more on TCO in this guide Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). This will give you an accurate picture of how much you should expect to pay for a typical ERP system for mid-sized organization as well as the ROI the system will provide over time. And this process works for any ERP system, not just ours, so you can compare us to our competitors.
Return on Investment (ROI)
Some results can be hard to measure, such as improvements in employee satisfaction and teamwork. Even customer satisfaction can be difficult to truly measure. However, some industry experts have supplied benchmarks that can be useful in estimating typical results. Visit here to explore your possible ROI.
Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
The software license fee is not the cost of the software. The total cost of owning and maintaining the system over the 7 to 10 years expected life includes a great deal of “hidden” on-going people costs, plus your annual maintenance fee. That fee is typically about 18% of the current list price of the software every year. This means you are repurchasing your system every 5.5 years. This annual maintenance fee gives you the unique opportunity every year to:
- Maintain your current legacy ERP system and receive no additional business benefits. We call this “The Cost of Doing Nothing.”
- Replace your current system with a modern ERP system and start realizing the additional benefits of increased ROI.
2019 TEC Spotlight Report
It’s an ongoing dilemma for any growing midsized company that wants to implement enterprise resource planning solutions: you want big-company functionality, but you can’t afford big-company prices.
There’s good news: you no longer have to compromise. According to a new TEC Spotlight Report, Acumatica offers enterprise-grade solutions at a price that fits the budget of a mid-sized company.
Access the TEC Spotlight Report here. You’ll learn:
- How to know you’ve found a truly enterprise-grade ERP
- Why your users will embrace Acumatica from the start
- How Acumatica’s built-in mobile technology eliminates barriers to productivity
- Why Acumatica’s extensive partner network increases the overall value of your implementation
- How to get enterprise resource planning solutions up and running for less than $100,000
Your business will only grow from here. Don’t settle for an ERP platform that meets your needs today but can’t keep up in the long term. Download this report now.
This report is offered by Acumatica, a leading provider of cloud business management software that gives mid-sized contractors a complete, real-time view of their businesses—anytime, anywhere.