Organizations often over-purchase when selecting, procuring and implementing software. As a result, many companies unnecessarily embark on painful and expensive software implementations, only to use less than ten percent of the features and functions.
Ultimately, inefficient processes become more inefficient—the result of buying the wrong software, choosing the wrong implementation partner or inadequately defining user requirements.
Trenegy makes ERP selection and implementation as painless as possible. We’ve heard the horror stories. In fact, we are often called in to help clients untangle an ERP mess resulting from a poor selection decision.
We help our clients:
- Build a future-state process vision.
- Select the right software and systems integrators.
- Establish a realistic implementation approach and budget.
- Communicate the business case to the Board.
"Trenegy’s friendly, professional and very capable team proved invaluable in helping with our ERP Selection." Mario Hernandez, CFO, Express Energy Services
Most companies view strong project management as the key to ERP implementation success. Yet project management alone rarely works. People quickly revert to old habits the minute a project is finished.
Many organizations have technically functional systems, but employees find the new systems and processes challenging. So they find ways to work around the new tools and processes. Change management failed. So did the expensive project.
Trenegy’s ERP implementation approach embodies PMI-compliant methods while ensuring change management is considered as a part of each task. Our teams work with clients throughout the ERP Implementation to build demand for change and help ensure the new processes and systems stick.
At the end of implementation, you will have:
- A project that is completed on time and on budget.
- A properly configured system.
- Access to the critical reports you need to run your business.
- Well-trained employees who consistently use the new ERP system.
- A clear understanding of next steps.
“Trenegy’s expertise, professionalism, and specific experience in the oilfield service sector were absolutely critical in the selection, design, and implementation of our new system”. Jeff Smith, CFO, ProPetro Services
Organization and Process Alignment
In the energy industry, companies often grow through acquisition and integration. As a result, job roles are poorly defined or duplicated across multiple positions. The excess is reflected in inefficient business practices, organizational frustration and lack of agility.
Trenegy helps companies successfully realign for growth and profitability by simplifying the organizational structure, developing standardized processes and implementing new systems.
We help our clients:
- Identify waste.
- Reduce structural complexity.
- Establish accountability.
- Improve the quality and speed of decision-making.
- Achieve a cost effective organization.
“They shared industry best practices, are easy to work with, and provided effective project and change management throughout the project.” – Robert Setzekorn, Vice President and General Manager, Merfish Pipe Supply
On the surface, most acquisitions appear to be sound business decisions, generating rapid growth and economies of scale. However, most companies are moving so fast that the tactics of integrating the new entity are never fully executed.
The result? The acquisition fails to meet its financial objectives.
An acquisition presents big challenges in integrating people, processes and technology. A successful integration requires developing and executing against a robust acquisition playbook.
We help our clients:
- Create a clearly defined integration strategy.
- Communicate the integration plan consistently and effectively.
- Define progress metrics.
- Rationalize roles and responsibilities.
- Integrate processes, data and applications.
- Develop training.
- Prepare for regulatory compliance.
- Achieve efficiency and effectiveness as one organization.
“Trenegy’s professionalism and industry knowledge proved invaluable. The team members rolled up their sleeves and made the commitment to ensure a successful implementation.” Kristin Tatum, VP Finance, Kinder Morgan
Risk, Controls and Policy Implementation
Transitioning from a private to publicly traded company requires extensive policy and control changes to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act. Public companies often find themselves transitioning to public company accelerated filer status and must quickly comply with Sarbanes-Oxley 404(b). This means implementing robust internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR). ICFR has a broader organization impact than the mechanics of accountants assembling financial statements at the end of each quarter.
Auditors are required to examine company practices in accounting, information technology, human resources, billing, sales, legal, operations and procurement. However, external auditors are prohibited from helping with implementation and, in many cases, are silent on recommending controls and policies. The implementation and testing of new policies and controls requires a significant amount of leg work.
Trenegy helps implement fit-for-purpose policies and controls for emerging growth companies, accelerated filers and privately held companies. We help our clients:
- Facilitate the Risk Assessment and Control Prioritization Process
- Select, design and document new controls to comply with COSO 2013 framework
- Design new processes and governance models to support the new control environment
- Identify legacy processes that can be eliminated
- Develop policies and procedures
- Train and prepare staff for executing new policies and controls
- Manage the implementation and testing process
- Integrate controls and policies with the existing ERP systems
“We could not have gotten there without Trenegy's intense commitment to the project.” Kevin Mitchell, VP Internal Audit, Breitburn Energy Partners